We are truly excited about our 2016/17 year and invite everyone to come take dance. Whether you have a 2 year old that would love to spin and leap, or maybe yourself who wants a stressfree workout with other parents, we are the place.
Of course there are probably a million questions that may be going through your head, especially if you’re looking to sign up for dance classes. Check out our FAQ’s below. Of course if you do not find the answer you’re looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Let Us Answer Some Of Your Questions!
How old does my child have to be to start taking dance classes?
With our Twinkle Babies program, we start teaching dance to the little ones as early as 2 years old and we offer classes all the way through adulthood!
Why should I choose DWDA as the dance studio for my child?
- Location- Conveniently located off of I-10 and Estrella Pkwy, DWDA is easily accessible to families living in every neighborhood in the West Valley.
- Facility- Our newly remodeled studio features the best quality O’Mara raised and sprung floors covered in marley to provide our dancers with the most safe flooring to protect their bodies in each of our three spacious dance rooms.
- Recreation Dance Program- While we have very successful and highly acclaimed performance and competitive teams, we love that many of our families that call DWDA home have dancers looking to take a dance class once or twice a week on a recreational/non competitive level. We focus our same highly experienced faculty on the recreation classes as well as the company levels.
- Faculty and Staff- The owners and faculty at Desert West Dance are all very experienced and qualified to teach all levels and styles of dance. From college educated, professional dancers, years of experience, and many certifications-including Dance Masters of America , which is an organization of dance educators that are certified by test to teach all styles of dance- DWDA has a faculty that will not disappoint!
- Passion- Dance is who we are and we spend every minute of every class sharing our love for this art with your child. From the dancer just learning to tap their toe to the graduating senior about to attend performing arts college or enter a professional career, we have the ability and passion to educate your child with expertise, heart, love, humility, and grace. It is important to each and every one of us to not only train their bodies but model to them that you can be successful in life and even be a star while still staying humble and kind.
How many “sessions” do you have per year? Are there separate Fall and Spring schedules?
Our studio year runs from July to the 3 week of June, culminating with our annual recital. Our schedule gives our instructors the opportunity to know their students well throughout the year. This in turn allows them to tailor their class format to meet the unique needs of each dancer.
What should my child wear to dance class?
Information coming soon. For a quick answer contact us.
Where can I buy dance clothes and shoes?
4 Dance Stores our dancers love to shop at:
7942 W. Bell Rd
Glendale, AZ 85308
(NW Corner of 79th Ave. & Bell Rd. behind Discount Tire Co.)
Misha’s Dance & Activewear
3316 W. Bell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85053
(Bell West Shopping Center)
Dance Wear Solutions
Are parents allowed to observe classes each week?
We have a spacious lobby in which parents remain during class. This arrangement helps our younger students work on self-sufficiency while still offering them the reassurance that Mom or Dad is waiting right outside. Two of our studios have large viewing windows that the instructor will open from time to time to show what they are working on.
The last 15 minutes of the first class of the month, we invite parents in to the dance room view their child’s progress made in the previous month, as well.